Thanks to Daureen Collodel for sharing her sister, Deborah's video and some facts and solutions to raise awareness of the ever growing plastic pollution problem on our planet. Thank you for taking the time to read and view.
1. As of now we produce 300 million tons of plastic per year including 20+ million plastic water bottles a day.
2. 8 million tons of plastic are dumped in the ocean every year - most of that is single use plastic.
3. Plastic never goes away... the idea of out of sight out of mind or even recycling is not working!!
4. All of the plastic trash around the world is either burned or dumped in rivers and oceans or put in landfills forever.
5. The petro chemical plants tied to the big oil corporations are gearing up to build more plants and divest into making more (mostly) single use plastic.
1. Say NO to any single use plastic!
2. Shop sustainable small and local.
3. Sign petitions and support bans of plastic.
4. VOTE for politicians with a green agenda.
5. Call out big businesses that continue to think profit over planet.
Some Links..with tons of great info and positive work happening around the world:
Loving Life and Living Love,