I am Mary Roberts, BestYOU founder, and I want to guide you in creating plans to make a change toward a new and better path. In addition, I provide services and business expertise through consulting, workshops and speaking engagements.
Fear of change, fear of the unknown, fear of failure - each of these fears render us “Stuck” in place, even when we know that we are not in the right place.
If you are “Stuck” and know that you need to make some changes in your business or for yourself, getting some professional guidance is a good first step.
I have experience in building self confidence in others, helping them create their plan and guiding them toward a better future. I am also committed to helping others succeed and making a positive difference through my life work!
If you are entering the workforce for the first time, re-entering the ranks of employed after years on another path, have recently lost a job or had the sudden realization of disillusionment and dissatisfaction with your current job AND you are ready to move forward, I can help.
Maybe you are a business exec with an MBA from Northwestern, so why listen to me? Even the brightest and most successful among us ‘get stuck’.
I have been there more than a few times.
- News media warned of slim availability of jobs, and my college peers signed up in droves for grad school and the Peace Corps. There were plenty of others working part time at Walgreens too. Sending out more than 100 resumes and cover letters to school districts and agreeing to sign up for all the 'extra duties' no other teachers wanted landed me my first teaching job at the age of 20.
- Some years later, my dad’s death left me in a deep fog of sadness. I was very close to my dad, adored him and felt I had lost my ‘rock’ in life. To deal with the deep sadness and emptiness I was feeling, plus make good on a promise I once made to my dad, I wrote, published, marketed and sold a children's book dedicated to him.
- Divorce shook the very foundation of the only world I’d known. I married and had children, following the path of my mother before me. Divorce was deemed failure and was not previously part of my parents experience nor mine. Still, I lived through and overcame the ‘black days’ and rejoined the world as a single woman.
- Re-entering the world of work after many years as the all-consuming role of a stay-at-home mom, I faced tremendous fear and indecision about this new life I was living and had an immediate need for independent income. First I worked part time and then full time and then I developed a career and rose into numerous positions of leadership.
- My most recent high paying, low satisfaction job provided short term financial benefits but was a long term dead end and physical/mental health risk. I made the choice of a different path, knowing that I would be much happier moving in a new direction. Leaving the position and starting my own business was very difficult for me, but it was the right choice and I am much happier on my new path.
I understand that life’s challenges are often tough to face, no matter what degrees we've earned or business successes we've achieved. Some challenges are more devastating than others, and each will have a major impact on our lives and general well being.
I'm so glad that I became a certified career and life coach. Since completing certification I've taken workshops, read extensively, completed supplementary training and coached clients. I've completed Landmark's Curriculum for Living Courses, joined Rotary and the UN Association and evolved into a more consistent and deeper yoga practice. My personal life experiences taught me determination, perseverance and an unwillingness to merely survive. Life is full of opportunities!
I know it is ok to want ‘More than Enough’. I believe that our Desires are at the core of our happiness and well being. I also believe we are meant to THRIVE, and that our families and a better world depend on it!
BestYOU Business Location: